We have our chunky book swappers all set up!!! There are 11 of us involved. Here is the low-down on the "how to".
1. create a piece of art- anything you would like- photo, paint, draw, collage....
2. photo copy and size to 4" x 4"
3 attach this to a heavy card stock sized 4" tall by 4 1/2" wide.
4. embellish... add some chunk to your pages. beads, buttons, ribbon, whatever- things can hang off the edges too.
5. leave 1/2 " on the left side empty of embellishment so that we can put holes in and bind our books.
6. add a little something to the back of the pages so that it isn't totally blank- include your name, e-mail, site or blog info. if you'd like.
7.our only unifying element to this book is "blue" in any interpretation
8. make one page for each person in the swap. In this case, make 11 pages.
9. bring yourself and your pages to my place on May 20th, 5:30 pm. for swapping, binding, drinking and eating of the chunky book dinner!!!
If you are not going to be here on the 20th, please get your pages to me before, and I will put a book together for you. This site explains chunky books. This site has some great samples. More samples. This site has great stuff and if you go to the gallery, more samples. I hope I have given you all enough info and that you are excited about the swap, I am really looking forward to it. Don't be self critical, or stressed, none of the participants have done a chunky swap before, so we are all in the same boat... have some fun!